Many thanks to Diane at Coming Home for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! I have just recently become acquainted with her blog. Please check it out!
As a condition of receiving this award I must answer several questions, and here they are:
- Where is your favorite place to be? Sitting in my favorite chair with a good book and a cup of steaming hot coffee.
- What is your favorite book? “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe” by C.S. Lewis
- What’s your favorite movie? The Sound of Music
- Have you ever been in love? Oh yes, and after 38 years of marriage I still am.
- What’s your favorite dish to cook? I love to bake, especially coffee cakes and breakfast breads like apple bread and pumpkin bread.
- What’s the single most important piece of advice you could give anyone? Trust your gut instinct about people and situations. If something feels wrong, it usually is.
- Who taught you that? I can’t say anyone really taught me. I had to learn it the hard way.
- What are the hobbies you’ve always wanted to try but haven’t yet? Now’s your chance! I always wanted to try my hand at painting with acrylics. I even bought a set of paints, but now my little grandson uses them for his art.
- Who is your favorite football team? Notre Dame Fighting Irish all the way!
- What’s your most comfortable article of clothing? A pair of men’ s flannel lounge pants, worn with an oversized long-sleeve T-shirt (worn at home only 🙂 )
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself? My almost-photographic memory
I am supposed to nominate others for this award, but so many of my blogging friends now have award-free blogs that I am hesitant to venture forth with any nominations. But I do appreciate receiving the award, and I want to thank everyone who follows my blog. You are the ones who make awards like this possible.