Mushroom or Toadstool?

Apparently there is no real scientific difference between toadstools and mushrooms. The names are interchangeable, although some people use the term toadstool for the fungi they know to be poisonous or inedible. Regardless, I wouldn’t think about eating these that popped up along our drive after a recent rain.

Toadstool

 

“The sudden appearance of mushrooms after a summer rain is one of the more impressive spectacles of the plant world.”   (John Tyler Bonner)

3 Comments Add yours

  1. I wouldn’t eat those either. I would rather pay to get them from grocery stores.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. arlene says:

    They may not be edible. Some people get sick because of wild mushrooms.

    Like

    1. I think these would definitely be poisonous! I never eat wild mushrooms because you never know…

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.